So you’re ready to sell your car! Whether you’re selling to upgrade, moving away or simply want to buy something different, you want to make sure you can get the best possible return on your asset and ensure that you and the new buyer are satisfied.
Practical tips to ensure your car is ready for the market
• Consider getting your car professionally cleaned – first impressions are so important. Before taking pictures of your car to post online, something as simple as a thorough clean can ensure that your car makes a great first impression.
• Check that your car’s service history is up to date – a full service history lets buyers know that you have nothing to hide and that there are no hidden problems with the vehicle. If it needs a service shortly, booking it in for a car service may help you achieve a higher asking price.
• Make sure your car is roadworthy, this includes checking for any chips and cracks on the windscreen. It’s a good idea to check the legal requirements from the relevant transport authority in your state to ensure that your car passes the road worthy inspection. This can prevent any delays in your sale.
Ensuring your vehicle is seen by the right buyer
Once you have ensured that your car is in good condition and ready to sell, it may help to advertise it to ensure that the right buyer finds your vehicle.
There are various options available including the following:
• Community boards – these have no cost besides printing your advertisement and are easily seen by people in your area.
• Free online classifieds – a simple Google search will provide you with a variety of free online classifieds to target a broader audience.
• Social media – tap into your trusted network by posting your advertisement on your personal social media account.
• Newspaper – this option may incur a small fee but this tried and tested method still yields positive results.
• Car dealerships – there are many car dealerships that will purchase your vehicle or sell it on your behalf. While this may not yield the highest price for your vehicle, it will minimise administration and allow you to spend more time looking for your new vehicle.
If your car requires a new windscreen or windscreen repairs prior to selling your car, Windscreen Replacement Perth can help. They are a family-owned and operated business that does easy and convenient windscreen repairs in all Perth areas. With over 20 years of industry experience, Jason and his team has earned the reputation of being trusted and reliable automotive glass repair and replacement experts. Their mobile service is available seven days a week for any private, corporate, insurance and fleet work and all new glass windows come with a lifetime warranty. For more information visit our website or call 0400 200 086 today.
Jason’s extensive professional qualifications and his broad industry experience paired with his military background means he brings an extraordinary level of skill, expertise and meticulous attention to detail to every aspect of his business.
Prior to starting Autoscreens, Jason worked for several leading international windscreen companies as well as spending a number of years in the armed forces. He has accumulated numerous professional qualifications, industry accolades and leadership awards, and is a highly respected volunteer in his local community.
Under his expert stewardship, Autoscreens has grown into one of the leading windscreen companies in Perth. Despite its success, he has ensured that the family-owned and managed company remains true to its founding values of integrity, quality and unsurpassed customer service.